Civ. Code Section 5350(b), (c)
Old Code: None
New Code: 5350(b), (c)
Subject: Required recusal of directors from specific matters
(b) A director or member of a committee shall not vote on any of the following matters:
(1) Discipline of the director or committee member.
(2) An assessment against the director or committee member for damage to the common area or facilities.
(3) A request, by the director or committee member, for a payment plan for overdue assessments.
(4) A decision whether to foreclose on a lien on the separate interest of the director or committee member.
(5) Review of a proposed physical change to the separate interest of the director or committee member.
(6) A grant of exclusive use common area to the director or committee member.
(c) Nothing in this section limits any other provision of law or the governing documents that govern a decision in which a director may have an interest.
Substantive Changes: Although the above is by no means an exhaustive list of matters from which directors should recuse themselves, the New Code now provides specific instances where recusal is required.