Through the years, elections have become more complicated and failure to adhere to California civil code requires a court to invalidate a challenged election unless an association can show by a preponderance of the evidence that the failure to adhere to the law did not affect the outcome of the election. For this reason, many clients turn to SwedelsonGottlieb to draft election materials, including notices and ballots, to ensure compliance with these cumbersome laws.
SwedelsonGottlieb offers guidebooks on the following election topics:
- The Members Requested a Recall; Now What Do We Do?
- SB 323 - The New Election Law (2020)
- Homeowner Apathy and Rewards for Voting
- Equal Access to Media for Campaigns
- 2019-2020 Disclosure Checklist (see election section)