Sandra L. Gottlieb
Senior Managing Partner
Sandra L. Gottlieb, Esq., CCAL is one of California's leading community association attorneys and a founding partner of SwedelsonGottlieb, which limits its practice to the representation of California homeowner associations, including condominiums, planned developments and cooperatives.
Sandra has been practicing law for over 40 years, and she has provided legal counsel to community associations since the mid-eighties. Sandra has lived in two condominium associations, including a master and sub-association, and a Planned Development. Sandra's extensive negotiating skill acquired in the early years of her practice has given her the ability to work with volunteer board members, associations' managing agents and opposing counsel to achieve intended results, and to provide sound counsel regarding Association operational issues.
Sandra and her partner David Swedelson formed their law firm in 1987, bringing together David's extensive litigation experience with Sandra's extensive transactional background. As the firm's Managing Partner, she also leads the transactional team at SwedelsonGottlieb. Sandra's experience in representing California community associations allows her not only to provide legal representation but also counsel on the many different matters and issues that impact California homeowner associations. Sandra's expertise is exemplified in her numerous publications in SwedelsonGottlieb's HOALawBlog.com:
- California Community Associations are Increasingly a Target for Wage & Hour Lawsuits
- Liability and the Service-Oriented Manager/Association
- To Record or Not to Record the Trustee's Deed - That is the Question
Sandra Gottlieb has long been a prominent name in the community association industry, having served as President of the board of directors of three chapters of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) in Los Angeles, Orange County and Channel Islands. On a national level, she has represented the firm on the CAI National Faculty, the CAI National Attorneys Committee, and she is a member of CAI's College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL). In addition, Sandra has served on the Legal Advisory Committee for California Association of Community Managers (CACM), teaching community association managers the legal implications of their work, served as the Editor of CACM's Law Journal and is a designated attorney on its Professional Standards Committee. These achievements only stand to represent the utmost care and know-how she provides our clients every day.
- CACM Excellence in Education Award (2001)
- CAI Orange County May Russell Hall of Fame Award (2008)
- CAI California North Speaker of the Year Award (2008)
- CACM Vision Award for Lifetime Achievement (2009)
- CAI Orange County Presidents Award (2010)
- CAI Orange County Speaker of the Year Award (2011)
- CAI Orange County Speaker of the Year Award (2018)
- CAI Channel Islands Speaker of the Year Award (2018)
- CAI Greater Los Angeles Excellence in Education Award (2018)
- CAI Greater Los Angeles Dick Pruess Lifetime Achievement Award (2019)
Contact Sandra at [email protected] or 800.372.2207 x202.